Certificates can be quite useful if you need to prove social or political commitment. You are welcome to contact the AStA to obtain certificates for the following activities:
- Confirmation of membership in the Student Parliament of the FU Berlin
- Confirmation of active participation in a presentation of the General Student Committee (AStA) of Freie Universität
- Confirmation of membership of the Student Parliament
- Confirmation of active participation in the Student Initiative of a department or institute of Freie Universität Berlin
We need the following information to issue certificates:
- First name, last name
- Matriculation number
- Period of activity
- depending on the certificate:
- the name of the list in the Student Parliament,
- the name of the department
- the name of the Student Initiative and the institute of the uni
As we have to wait for the signature of the person(s) responsible, we usually expect a processing time of about one week for the issue of certificates. However, especially during the semester break this can sometimes take longer. If you have a deadline to meet, please include it in your request.
If you want us to mention any special things (like "organized event XY") we can do that. The finished letter will be in the AStA for you, if you ask the people there they will gladly hand it over to you.
As our workload is sometimes quite high, we would like to ask you to apply for the certificates only if you really want to pick them up! Every year we shred dozens of certificates that are never collected.
If you need the certificate for a BAföG-extension please contact the BAföG-counselling first.