Welcome to the website of the Student Parliament (Stupa) of Freie Universität Berlin. This site is administered by the Stupa's meeting management.
What is the Stupa?
The Student Parliament (Stupa) consists of a total of 60 elected parliamentarians who can be elected by all student members of Freie Universität Berlin each spring.
The Stupa elects the representatives of the General Student Committee (AStA) of the FU as well as the members of committees, decides on the budget of the student body and on general student affairs.
The Stupa does not decide on study and examination regulations and many other fundamental matters affecting FU students. For more information, please visit here. www.astafu.de/hopo.
Stupa's meeting management.
At its constituent meeting, the student parliament elects a meeting management consisting of five members. The meeting management of the student parliament convenes the meetings of the student parliament, determines the date of the meetings, sets the agenda, manages the meetings of the student parliament and writes a protocol.
The elections for the FU Stupa are organized by the Student Electoral Board (StudWV). More information can be found on the StudWV website: www.fu-berlin.de/sites/studwv/index.html
The 1st session of the 39th Stupa will take place on 06.02.20 at 14h c.t. in room JK 32/102 in the Rost- und Silberlaube.
The state-wide legal basis for student parliaments in Berlin is §19 of the statutes and organs of the student body of the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG).
Corresponding extract from the Berlin Higher Education Act: [Please note: This is a translation and there may be misstakes.]
"§19 Constitution and Bodies of the Student Body
(3) The student parliament shall consist of sixty members at Freie Universität, Humboldt-Universität, and Technische Universität, and thirty members at the other universities. It shall resolve
1. on fundamental matters of the student body,
2. on the statutes, the budget and the determination of contributions,
3. on the discharge of the members of the General Student Committee,
4. on the election regulations for the organs of the student body.
The student parliament elects the chairman or chairwoman and the members of the general student committee."
Further statutes and regulations which directly concern the FU Stupa:
Geschäftsordnung des Studierendenparlaments (Stupa-GO) (Änderung 27.11.2017)
Wahlordnung des Studierendenparlaments (Stupa-WahlO) (Änderung 7.7.1994)
Satzung der Studierendenschaft (Änderung 14.02.2014)
Berliner Hochschulgesetz (BerlHG)
Here you can find the protocols of the Stupa meetings of the current and past legislative periods.
Note: The protocols are only accessible from the Zedat network. Also they are in german language.
Current legislative period (39th student parliament)
38th Student Parliament (2019)
1. Meeting: 14.02.2019 (12h00 c.t./ Raum L115 im Seminarzentrum)
2. Meeting: 25.04.2019 (12h00 c.t./ Hörsaal 1b in der Rost- und Silberlaube)
3. Meeting: 02.05.2019 (12h00 c.t./ Hörsaal 1b in der Rost- und Silberlaube)
4. Meeting: 04.07.2019 (12h00 c.t./ Hörsaal 1b in der Rost- und Silberlaube)
5. Meeting: 06.11.2019 (14h00 c.t./ Hörsaal in der Thielallee 67)
6. Meeting: 05.12.2019 (14h00 c.t./ KL32/202 in der Rost- und Silberlaube)