What is a grant for the Semesterticket
If you have difficulties to pay the semester fee due to low income or other social or financial hardship reasons (single parent, disability...), you can apply for a subsidy from the social fund.
If the application is approved, a subsidy in the amount of the ticket fee will be reimbursed, and you can continue to use the ticket.
Attention: When re-registering for the semester, the full fee must always be paid. Subsidies can only be approved afterwards
Who is eligible for a grant?
All students are eligible.
- who have transferred the semester ticket fees
- to whom at least one of the hardship reasons applies.
- whose income does not exceed their needs
- who have no savings/assets of ≥5000€ at their disposal.
Recognized cases of hardships
- Low income (monthly income is less than 80% of monthly need).
- Restricted work permit
- Increased costs for medical or psychological care
- Single parent
- Social assistance or benefits according to SGB II or SGB XII
- Integration assistance
- Completion of the 65th year of life
- In individual cases, other comparable(!) hardships
The signed application can be submitted by mail or e-mail, see contact. Applications are available in the office and can be completed and handed in during office hours. When submitting an application by mail, the postmark is decisive with regard to deadlines.
As a rule, supporting documents do not have to be sent along with the application: When we start processing the applications, we will make a list of supporting documents for each application and request them by mail.
Application deadlines and processing status
Regular applications for SoSe 2022 can be submitted until 31.03.2022.
Applications of first semesters can be submitted until 17.05.2022.
Regular applications for WiSe 2022/23 can be submitted until 30.09.2022.
Applications of first semesters can be submitted until 28.11.2022.